Go to page 1
  Forum » Suggestions » Let the little guy win a few Date
Username
559 msgs.
MVP of the game
How about tweaking the game engine a little bit so that there's a random x-factor that allows for a few games per league per season where the little guy sitting in the relegation zone can actually draw or beat one of the top 5 teams in the league? It's like clockwork, only the top 6 teams in the league can beat eachother, and the other 14 teams are just cannon fodder to pad your win column and goal differential. Perhaps throw a kink in the game engine where the 15th place team can crash the party and really screw over one of the top teams. Even Wolverhampton can upset Manchester United every so often, or Blackburn deliver a crippling draw.

Btw, I have no clue how this would be done, I just think every game should mean something instead of only having to look forward to 10 meaningful league games per year.

Edited by AceMcZer0 27-05-2011 09:06
27/05/2011 09:02
  - Div/Gr
921 msgs.
MVP of the game
There is such a thing. I've been beaten 5-2 in a private league game in a match where the commentary started with "a priori your team is better", which usually means about 6-0 to my guys. 27/05/2011 09:10
  - Div/Gr
Username
559 msgs.
MVP of the game
did the guy prime you? and private league games just seem different from actual league games. my private league games are much more exciting and unpredictable than anything against the 7th place team on down in my league. i've never seen any of the 8-20th place teams beat the top 7, and the gap is noticeable in my league just looking at the points. it's seriously like watching major league teams beating up on the little sisters of the poor. 27/05/2011 09:19
  - Div/Gr
921 msgs.
MVP of the game
That's because private league games have more active managers, so their squads are much closer to the top 6 than in the full league. Hopefully div 5 will be better 27/05/2011 09:30
  - Div/Gr
Username
559 msgs.
MVP of the game
haha i'm in division 5 and i'm complaining. i'm hoping div 4 will be better since it looks like i'll be going *knocks on wood*. nevertheless, the game feels too much like it's just a matter of having better stats than the other guy. hopefully the tactics they're releasing for next season will close the gap some so that managers with weaker teams can outsmart managers of stronger teams. but if not, there should really be a new algorithm or something that raises the probability of upsets in league games. 27/05/2011 09:49
  - Div/Gr
Username
1848 msgs.
International
I think its because mostly the teams at the bottom have inactive managers, and therefore missing players from their line-up. Also the players are not training and the physiotherapist and pyschologist aren't being used therefore the players have very little or no fitness or morale. Very diffucult to see them play well enough to draw against, let alone beat a top team.

Edited by Godson 27-05-2011 11:56
27/05/2011 11:55
  - Div/Gr
Username
471 msgs.
First-team player
+1 28/05/2011 07:52
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1