Go to page 1
  Forum » General » Wimpy Players Date
Username
67 msgs.
Rookie
I've been playing Striker for, I don't know, maybe 10 years now, and something is starting to bug me:

After EVERY loss all of my players need a psychologist to get over it? These are professional athletes, they should know how to handle defeat. You learn from the loss, you train harder, you come back stronger, determined to win. What wussies to fall apart so badly they can't dust themselves off and go at it again without someone to massage their emotions. I feel like they don't need a psychologist, they need a drill sergeant to kick their rear ends! Or tell them to find another career.

/end of rant
4 Apr 04:39
  Superchargers - Div3/Gr14
Username
21371 msgs.
Golden Ball
Oops! 😆 4 Apr 06:34
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Username
1589 msgs.
International
Yeah, a lot has changed.

I mean, back in the 80s, for those of us who played SM back then, players didn't even need training—they came from school already at their peak.
They didn't even tire, no matter the effort you set—back then we could even crank it all the way up to 200.
They never got injured. Hell, they didn't even get paid!

The interesting part is, losing doubles players' morale, so the next match is more or less an existential battle.

Now it's one high progression player per decade from school, incessant injuries per week, and demanding high salaries. I guess the difference is how back then, you could directly interact with any stubborn player.

Bring back SM!
9 Apr 15:59
  The Maelstrom - Div2/Gr2
Username
21371 msgs.
Golden Ball
80s indeed! 9 Apr 16:15
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6

Go to page 1